Kamaryn has had this blankie since she was born. It's actually a very special blankie. My mom and dad made it for me when my mom was pregnant with me well, around 28 years ago now. My mom used it through all of her five children and then gave it to me when I had Kamaryn. I kinda thought it would be cool if she became attached to it because that would make it all the more special. My wish came true. She LOVES this blanket. It's name is "Green Blankie". She always asked, "will you make me cozy" in that blanket. It wraps around her just perfectly and she looks so darn cute all wrapped up too. And her favorite thing is to play with the yarn ties. She calls it "twisting the little teenies (thingys)".
Well, about the middle of May I noticed that the edges of this well loved blanket were starting to get very thin and actually getting some holes in them. So I told Kamaryn that Green Blankie was getting very old. That didn't change how she felt about "him" though. I had the idea to make her a new quilt so that we could try and salvage Green Blankie somehow. So we went to the store one day and I had her pick out some cute fabric and yarn.
Now, I've never made a quilt nor do I have the skills so I decided we would take our supplies with us when we went on our trip because I knew that my grandma had some quilt frames and the know-how to help us out. And to make this quilt even more special, it would be made by 4 generations :)
So here is a bit of the quilt making process:














3 comments:
I love those pictures. That would be such a fun thing to do. Nice job replacing something that she loved so much.
That turned out so great!! Good job!
Great job April! I love it:) and it looks like such a fun thing to do with all the generations.
Post a Comment