Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!!!



Today was the day. I can't believe he is old enough to go to school. He's very brave and independent. Exactly the opposite of me when I was going to Kindergarten. My school was less than a block away from my house and I still remember my mom walking me to school and waiting to walk me home every single day. What a wimp I was... hee hee. Well, not my son. For months he's been more than excited for school to start. We met his teacher last week and he had a great time. He told me he wanted to ride the bus on the first day even though my sentimental-ness (thanks mom *wink*) really wanted to be able to drive him and walk him in on his first day. But we got up and ready this morning and he was so excited he was jumping up and down when he saw the bus. I took his picture and he climbed right up. He looked a little apprehensive at first but apparently everything was just fine. The same little boy climbed down those big steps this afternoon and said he had a great day! Enjoy the pictures!!











9 comments:

Marcy said...

Oooh, I love that one of him and his backpack walking down the path from your front door! He looks so darling! I'm glad it was a great day! He'll do so great in K that little smarty pants! Glad you did good too mom! ;)

Rebecca said...

he's so cute april! I'm so happy his first day was great, it's good to start that way:)

Christena said...

Wow if it was me I would have driven him I think just for the sentimental-ness. I'm sure he'll do wonderfully in kindergarten. Good luck with everything.

Melissa said...

i just tried to send a comment and it said it didn't work... odd... anyway, i'm glad he did a good day and he's sure to be smarter than everyone else! i'm don't think i'm just biased either. :)

Hillary said...

Hooray for Kyler! They really do grow up so fast. My parents used to joke with us about putting bricks on our heads - now I know exactly how they felt!

Emily said...

What a sweetie! I am glad to hear he was so brave!

kimpope08 said...

April what a huge milestone and you all passed through it sooo well! He looked very happy and very confident... which is every mom's dream!

Stephanie said...

WOW, that is crazy that you have a baby in school. But how exciting. How were your other kids without him? Your blog looks great btw. Mine is cottrell2020.blogspot.com

Christena said...

I was just checking your blog for something new and Tanner was on my lap. He saw the picture of Kyler and said, "That's Kyler. He's my best friend."