I have been feeling a bit lately that I don't really know anything about a lot of the people in my life, especially women at church that I'd like to get to know. I thought about it for a while and realized that even though I have the desire to get to know people and be a friend, that I don't really do much about it. I also realized that to have good, close friends, you have to be a good, close friend too. You can't just hope for people to come talk to you and include you.
After contemplating some more, I realized that when I chat with people, I don't really say much. I've always been somewhat shy and hesitant to open up to people. It is probably a miracle that I have the amazing marriage I do because of that. I am grateful that I wasn't afraid to open myself up to the amazing man that is my very best friend.
So, since I do want to have good, close friendships, and learn to open up, I decided to make a list of things about myself. Then the facts are out there...Ha ha... and maybe I can talk about myself a little easier.
- I am the oldest of 5 children
- I have been through a divorce
- I have given birth to 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl, I have 2 step sons and we want another child fairly soon. Am I crazy? Most definitely! ;)
- I grew up in Lyman, Wyoming. It's a tiny little town off the side of I-80. It was a great place to grow up. My parents still live there and will forever.
- My dad died when i was 4 years old. My sister's were 14 months and 6 weeks old. My mom remarried when I was almost 7.
- I graduated from Utah State University in 2004. I have a bachelor's degree in family, consumer, and human development.
- I often hesitate to try new things. It's not that I don't want to learn, I just get nervous that I might screw up :P
- I am self conscious (who isn't right?)
- My favorite animal is a giraffe
- I hate house work, especially bathroom cleaning and dishes
- I love my flower gardens. They bring joy and such beauty.
- I love growing vegetables (I hope the beans sprout soon)
- My favorite thing to do is sit down and get lost in a good book. My favorite type of book is historical fiction.
- I have lived in Wyoming, Utah, and Washington. Utah is my favorite.
- I want to learn to be more crafty but see above about trying new things
- I enjoy making simple quilts for my kids.
- I can sew... unless there are curved lines
- I am not "fashionable" and I don't care ;)
- My favorite things to wear are comfy jeans and a t-shirt, with a hoodie in cool weather
- I don't like swimming because I'm a little afraid of the water
- I love the books Pride and Prejudice and Little Women
- I played volleyball and basketball in high school
- I enjoy cooking and want to learn to cook healthier meals
- I love breakfast foods, especially hash browns and French toast
- My favorite place to eat is Applebees
- speaking of bees... I'm afraid of them and anything with a stinger, which makes it really hard to try and help my children not be afraid of them. I have, however, never been stung.
- I took one year of piano lessons when I was in 6th grade. I can plunk around still but not enough to play for anyone. I also played the flute from 6th through 12th grade. I wish I had never sold my flute.
- I love many kinds of music, pretty much anything except hard rock and rap. I most enjoy uplifting music, Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride.
- I love spring and fall because of the beautiful colors and mild temperatures
- My favorite holiday is Easter, because it happens with all the beautiful, newness of spring
- I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I love my Savior and am so grateful for all he's done for me!
- I love life, even though it's hard
Well, that's a lot more than what I thought I'd write. I hope, if nothing else, that this helps me to know myself a little bit better. Now it's time to reach out and open up to others in person.
Here goes...
Monday, April 28, 2014
Feeling the need to open up
Posted by ~April~ at 4/28/2014 12:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
I love this!! Thank you for sharing and we need to get together sometime to chat more about ourselves. ;)
I love that I learned something new about you. I knew most of the rest but the favorite book and reataurant and the gardening is new. Good job sharing who you are!!! I love you!
Awesome! I'm glad you're coming over on Wednesday because I now have more questions for you!
Post a Comment