Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011


Christmas 2011

We had so much fun this year. Andrew and Ryan were able to come and stay from the 16th until the 25th. We had great adventures for sure! We went to see the lights at Temple Square a few days before Christmas. I’ll do a different post for those pictures though because I have so many. 

We let the kids start opening Christmas gifts on Wednesday (Christmas was on Sunday) since Andrew and Ryan had to leave right after church on Christmas day. We wanted them to have a chance to play with their new things for a few days. Everyone had a blast. Everyone got a healthy balance of new clothing and some fun toys. 

I was able to make Kyler a quilt (we picked out the fabric probably 3 years ago) and I did the entire thing by myself. I didn’t have quilt frames to tie it so I just laid it out on my bedroom floor and it took me a couple weeks doing a little at a time. I don’t recommend doing it that way because it’s pretty hard on your back, but it definitely is possible! I also took his old raggy blanket (that he got when he was born) and turned it into a nice pillow cover for him and a little scrap made a scarf for his favorite bear. He loved it as you’ll see from the picture below. His favorite color is red and he snuggled under it for a long time after he opened it! I was thrilled! 

Enjoy the pictures!



















1 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas with all the kids! Kamaryn looks so cute in her new glasses!! I've never heard of those books you're holding. Are they good?