My mom called late on April 27th. She never calls late so I knew it wasn't going to be good news. I knew what she was going to tell me and I had been mentally preparing myself for it anyway. My sweet grandpa had been living for over 4 years without my grandma and his health had really gone down hill over the past couple of years. He was hospitalized with pneumonia at the end of March and was moved to a nursing facility for recuperation. He passed away the evening of Friday, April 27, 2012.
Grandpa was an amazing man and I was so lucky to have my grandparents down the street throughout my life. I remember so many things... playing in the camper, walking in the garden, the jumping tree. When I was living at mom's house for almost three years I was able to spend more time with my grandpa than I would have otherwise. I could that a great blessing. When I worked at the grocery store he would come in shopping every Thursday (senior citizen day) and if I could, I would walk around with him and help him shop. I was a special thing and I always received a bit of his change for my "tip" when I checked out his groceries. He always wanted the best for us and would do little things like that all the time. I miss him already.
I am so grateful to have the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan. To have a testimony and reassurance of life after death is an amazing blessing and it brings such comfort and peace to think of my grandpa's reunion with my grandma and my father. I imagine them so happy together again and I will miss them but like was said at his funeral, we cry because of the interruption of time with our loved ones. It brings great happiness and peace.
![]() | |
| Can't you just picture them..... :) |
















0 comments:
Post a Comment