Thursday, September 20, 2012

Labor Day - Cemetery Visits



Ben and his mom and family are very good at family history work and do it all the time. I have done quite a bit (with Ben’s help) and have taken my Grandma Tanner’s line back 3 generations further. It has been really neat to learn that I had Danish ancestry and learn how to find records from Denmark. I’d love to visit there someday now that I know of ancestors that lived there. My Great great grandmother was the first to come over from Denmark on that family line. It’s cool. 

Anyway… on labor day we went to some cemeteries in central Utah to find graves of some of Ben’s family’s ancestors. We went to Mt. Pleasant, Moroni, Spring City, Fountain Green, and Manti. It was an outing that took all day and to be honest, wasn’t very exciting since they weren’t my ancestors. But it was interesting and fun to look for the right names on headstones and see some of the really super old stones in the cemeteries. One in Spring City had only been used until 1910 (I think) so the few graves there were very old and many were young children and babies. I took some interesting pictures of some of the graves and also some of the surrounding beauty of the area. 

Ben and his mom


The Crew

Cemetery in Moroni... I really loved all the trees








Took the kids to the Manti Temple grounds



Can you see the hummingbird?






0 comments: