Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Children... that's all I'm going to say.




So I took all three kids to Target this morning. It's only about 3 minutes away so I figured it would be a nice easy trip and it really was for the most part. They were well behaved and I found almost everything I needed. Treven wants a calendar for work and I cannot for the life of me, find him a good one... grrr. I couldn't find any at Target. But that's not the point of my writings today. As mothers you know that your kids must go to the bathroom right before you leave home to avoid the "i need to go potty" call in the middle of a shopping trip. So when we walked in to the store Kyler noticed where the bathrooms were. Thats a good thing because I didn't know where they were before. Anyway. So we went throughout the store and got some nice Christmas stockings for everyone, some jingle bells for our front door, and a few other things. I was trying to find the darn calendars and Kyler said, "I want to go potty." Grrr. I said, "you just went 30 minutes ago and I know you can hold it until we get done." So I head to the checkstand so we can finish up as soon as possible and get home so he could go if he really needed to. So we pay and head for the door. He nearly screams, "MOMMY! I want to go potty HERE!!" Lovely. I tried to explain to him how difficult that would be right now and I kinda sensed that he just wanted to see what the bathroom looked like. So we headed out to the car with him protesting the entire way (think two year-old screaming fit). So we come home and everything and he didn't even run to the bathroom or anything. Geez. Stinker. But we survived.


3 comments:

Hillary said...

I totally know how that goes! Kyrie always think she has to go potty when we get to a store, even if it's only been 5 minutes since we left home and did the before-we-leave-potty-run. Drives me crazy.

Rebecca said...

I always say NO WAY! lol. you can hold it people. I am NOT taking 3 kids with my stuff into a bathroom stall!!

Marcy said...

lol April. All I can say is that I relate. I'm a little bit dreading having Leda become potty trained for this exact reason. Right now I'm content with Spencer being the only one I have to worry about in situations like these! So, my other two can stay in diapers for a while longer ;)