Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Trev!!

Happy Birthday Trev! He is as old as me again... hee hee. He is a wonderful husband and father and he works hard for our little family. He always tries his best and whatever he is doing. I love him so much and appreciate him every day. I should tell him more often. He is the love of my life and I would be lost without him. The kids love him so much and they love most of all to tackle him... hee hee.

Now a little explaining on the cake... for those of you who don't know, my husband is quite the airplane/airport fanatic. He absolutely loves to watch airplanes and he could sit an the airport for an entire day and not be bored (unless there are no cool planes). He has a job that has a little to do with airplanes now so that makes him happy. So I made him an airport cake. That thing built of cookies is an air traffic control tower. The square looking thing is a terminal. And yes, those are real cute little airplanes on the runway.




A picture of the finished cake. I had planned this for about a year. Just after his birthday last year I saw a picture of an airport cake that someone had made and knew it was a perfect plan for Trev's next birthday.




Here he is with his cake. He was surprised after all!



Happy Birthday, my love!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh my gosh April, you totally get the "most creative, adorable, beautiful cake ever" award! That turned out fantastic! No wonder you were making him drive around the block once more so he wouldn't walk in and see your creation un-finished! lol

It looks fabulous! I'm totally impressed! Puts my pirate cake for Spencer to shame. GREAT job! And Trev looks so cute and happy!

Hillary said...

I'll say it again: GREAT JOB! I'm seriously impressed! You're so good at cake decorating.

Melissa said...

dude that cake is awesome! will you make me a birthday cake? hee hee

Anonymous said...

That cake ROCKS!!!! I bet he felt special :)

Rebecca said...

i love that cake:) Happy Birthday to hiiiiim!

THE RHOADES said...

That is such a cool cake!!