Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

We got up early and went on a little drive. I was nice and put up a map for your viewing enjoyment :) We drove up and through Deception Pass. It was beautiful and I'll post some pictures of that as well.


After we stopped and walked across the bridge we got back in the car and just drove around a bit. We drove into Oak Harbor a ways and then turned around and went back the way we had come. Then we drove up into Anacortes (you can see my little extension of the route up there... hee hee). We drove to where the Ferry goes across to the San Juan Islands but turned around before we had to actually get on the Ferry... hee hee. Then we drove back and stopped in Burlington and ate lunch. It was pretty good. Then we came home. End of story. Hope you enjoy the pictures. They are all from Deception Pass.









If you look at a map of the area you'll see that if you got in a boat and headed west for a while from there you'd end up in the Pacific Ocean through the Straight of Juan de Fuca. Interesting, I think :)

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Looks like a fun day! I don't envy your weather, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty place! How nice to be able to travel so close to the Pacific Ocean :)

Christena said...

Tanner saw all the pictures and said, "That's my April. That's my Kamaryn. That's my Kyler." It was cute.

Melissa said...

it looks pretty even though it's rainy. actually that's part of what makes it pretty to me.

Emily said...

I am so jealous! I miss Seattle so much! Especially after seeing those gorgeous pictures. You'll have to make it over to the San Jauns sometime. We always went camping on Lopez Island. Go to a place called Shark Reef (I think)It has a look out that you can watch the seals dive for fish!

Marcy said...

How fun! Those pictures are so beautiful! I love all the mist and gorgeous-ness (is that a word?) of the water. Glad you had a fun adventure!!