Saturday, May 17, 2008

Potty training.... SUCCESS!

Well, after the complete potty training DRAMA (or what is trauma) with Kyler I was soooooooooo completely dreading it with Kamaryn. Not that I really thought she'd give me a hard time but because she is so stubborn and insists upon doing things HER way. So I was prepared for a battle. She has been ready a long time. I wanted to train her last fall but she was showing that she was ready right before we moved and I just didn't think it was the wisest decision to do it then. So then we moved, then the holidays came and went. I just kept putting it off... typical me. Around her third birthday in March, we started making a point of having her go potty and making sure she knew where she should pee and poop. I have to admit that I am not the most patient or consistent person and so it has been a much longer road than it could have been, I'm sure. But 2 weeks ago we started putting her in underwear every morning. She finally got excited about that every day. This entire week she has mostly been going potty on her own and hasn't had an accident since she started wearing regular panties. I'm so proud of her and so happy that she took to it so quickly!



So today we went to Walmart and she got to pick a "potty training prize". And here is a picture of what she chose.... a cute new dolly and a new pair of "glass slippers". She's quite a girl! Yay Kamaryn!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY KAMARYN!

Potty training success is always such a BIG relief!! ;)

Marcy said...

Yahooooo! What darling pics, she looks so proud!

But I have to admit, I'm a LOT jealous of you! lol...Leda turns three in 2 weeks and I'm not sure PT is going to happen anytime soon. Sigh.

But YAY for Kamaryn! And yay for you too! lol

Hillary said...

Congrats to BOTH of you!!! I'm so happy you made it!

Rebecca said...

Go Kamaryn!! Go Kamaryn!! GO GO GO Kamaryn!!:)