Saturday, May 31, 2008

I couldn't believe it.....

I am not very creative when it comes to post titles at all. Oh well.

I have been taking Treven's car to work this week. He's got this stereo in it that he got cheap from a friend and it's pretty nice too. I can't ever figure out how to turn off his cd's and just play the radio because it has all these different buttons and stuff. But that is not the point of my story. I got done with work shortly after 10:00. I walk out to the car and unlock it and get in. I start it up and something didn't seem right...... no music was playing. It always starts right up when you start the car, you know. So I look and the face to his stereo was gone. I thought I was seeing things (or not seeing things, however you look at it) because I just couldn't believe it. So I start freaking out because obviously someone had been in my car and taken it. So I immediately check the doors. I know I had locked the driver door when I got out to go to work because I double checked it. Trev never unlocks any of the other doors either. But when I checked the passenger and rear driver door were both unlocked. I must not be too hard to get those locks open... sigh. So I was totally freaked out for the entire drive home. Even after I realized that the stereo itself was intact, his cd's were still there, and when I picked up his cd case, I saw that his ipod was also still there. When I got home I checked the trunk to make sure the speakers hadn't been taken either... nope, still there. So whoever took it didn't get anything out of it really. I just hope they don't come back for more tomorrow night. I'm really nervous now. I've never had anything more than an antenna topper stolen before so I was really upset. But the other good thing is that I park in the designated employee area and it's under constant surveillance so whatever happened has got to be on the security tapes. I just don't know how to go about doing anything about it, you know. I just need to scream.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! There, I feel a little bit better.

5 comments:

Christena said...

Oh wow! I would have been freaked out too. Who would just take something so pointless though? Creepy weirdos.

Marcy said...

Oh my gosh April! I'm so sorry! That is so terribly freaky...can you get a reasonably priced replacement for what was taken??

So sorry :( I hate crooks...

Emily said...

Scary!

Melissa said...

i'm sorry! did you tell the people at work? hopefully they can pull up the cameras or at least give you some idea of how to be more secure. but it is a good thing that they didn't get too much, what will they do with a face anyways?:(

Anonymous said...

Aw man, that IS scary!! I hope you can figure out who got in your car! Yikes!