
Gordon B. Hinckley 1910-2008
When I learned that our beloved prophet passed away last night it caused me to reflect on my testimony. I thought that I would post it here so that anyone who wanted to could read it and reflect on their own as well.
I know that President Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God. I am so grateful for that knowledge. It brings great peace to my heart. He was a man full of the spirit. I can't imagine him ever raising his voice for any reason. He always carried with him a spirit of peace and love for everything and everyone. His testimony always brought tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart. I am so grateful that we have prophets on the earth that carry with them the keys of the kingdom of God. It brings such peace to know that even though another of God's servants has returned to him that our church will not stop. The gospel will continue to go forth. We will have another prophet to lead us so we have no need to fear. What wonderful peace that knowledge brings to my heart.
I am so grateful that we are blessed with the knowledge of eternal life and to be with the ones we love throughout eternity. As I heard about his passing all I could picture in my mind was the reuniting embrace between President Hinckley and his sweet wife, Marjorie. How wonderful the gospel is! What beautiful truths we have in it.
I am grateful for the gospel, for my membership in the church, and most of all for my Savior who has made our very lives possible and who gave his own life for us. We have reason to shout for joy each and every day of our lives.
Monday, January 28, 2008
My testimony of a Prophet of God
Posted by ~April~ at 1/28/2008 10:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
I loved reading your testimony. Thanks for sharing.
Very touching...thanks!
And your blog is great!
Post a Comment