Monday, April 28, 2008

A little something to cure my boredom

So I'm bored. Yes there are things that I could and should be doing... But since I'd rather take a nap than do the dishes so here we are. I'm not getting either of those things done. So here's a little thingy using today (Monday) to learn something about me... or maybe you'll just realize how strange I really am... hee hee.

M - Motherhood. I think the thing I love the best about being a mother is the unconditional love that I receive from my children. Even if I do something to make them completely ticked off at me they are so willing to forgive and love me within minutes. It is a wonderful thing. Another thing I love is listening to my children pray. They say some of the sweetest things and it really makes you look at the world through their eyes. I think we would all benefit from looking at life through the eyes of our children more often.

O - Oranges. I really like oranges. I do. But whenever I buy them at the store it ends up that I forget about them for months and then one day open my fruit drawer in the fridge to find I've got quite a mess on my hands. I would just leave them on the counter but there's something about an ice cold juicy orange that's sooooooooooo much better than a room temperature one. Maybe I'll just stick to orange juice. :)

N - Nest. I don't remember how old I was.... 5th or 6th grade maybe? But some Robins built a nest in one of our trees. One day one of our cats was um... playing in the nest... and knocked the eggs (there were eggs!!) out onto the ground. They were so beautiful. You know they call it "Robin's Egg Blue" for a reason. But I was so sad about those sweet little baby birds that we never got to see. I love new life in the spring.

D - Duh. Does anyone have more "duh moments" than they care to admit? I know I do. I can't think of a particular example right now but there are many every day. Most of the time they are things that I know deep down inside but by the time they come to the surface to actually help me I have to say, "DUH!"

A - Angels. Do I believe in angels. Well of course I do! There are so many people on this earth that are so in tune with the needs of others that I would certainly have to say that there are angels among us. Whether they be physically on the earth or have already passed through the veil to the other side I feel that they are real. Some of my best friends I count as angels. They are just constantly aware of me and say so many of the things that I need to hear at the right time. I hope I can be someone's angel someday as many people have been mine

Y - Yepperdoodle. This is a word I invented one day. I think it's quite awesome.

Alright. So that was fun. And random. But it was a post nonetheless. :) I just typed up whatever popped into my mind at the moment and sometimes those kind of posts make you feel happy. I don't know. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I said "yepperdoodle" to Derk one day, and he was SOOOO confused! :)

~April~ said...

I knew you would appreciate that part of my post... hee hee.