Thursday, June 5, 2008

One Crazy Kid



Well, as you all know, I have three crazy kids.... hee hee. But this post is about one who I think is particularly cute today. My Kyler boy was registered for Kindergarten back in March. He has been so excited ever since then to be able to go to school. He ended up needing one more immunization before he could start school. Well, today was the appointment for his check up. We got there and waited a while. I've never seen a child so excited to see the doctor in my life... hee hee. She came in and did Ashton's check up first (18 month) and then she checked Kyler out. He is nearly 45 inches tall (75%+) and 42 lbs (50%). He could only make out the giant 'E' on the eye chart (so we'll be visiting an optometrist here shortly as well). He did great. Then the doctor left and we were waiting for the nurse to come back in to give the shots. The whole time we were waiting for her, Kyler kept saying (loudly), "I just have to wait for my shot." He was excited to get a shot, if you can believe that! It was cute.

On our way home I told him that now he could go to school in September when it started. I asked him if he knew that September was when his first day of school would be. He said, "oh, I thought it was June." (because that's when he turns 5) :)

A few minutes ago I remembered I needed to call the school and let them know that he'd gotten that last immunization so I did that. Then I said, "Kyler, guess what I just did?" He said "WHAT?!" I told him I called his school and he smiled the biggest smile. You'd think the kid was excited to go to school or something. I'm excited too for him to experience something new and different and be able to learn more things. But I'm sure not ready for him to be in school yet. He was just a little baby in my arms... now he's 2/3 as tall as I am. Sigh. I keep telling him to stop growing and he says, "Mommy, we just can't stop the calendar because the birthdays are what make us get bigger." How he ever got so smart, I"ll never know. :)

6 comments:

Christena said...

What a cutie pie!!! I'm so glad the he is so excited about going to school. What an adventure for both of you.

Hillary said...

It's definitely bittersweet sending them off for their first day of school. I wish I could say it gets easier, but I'm about ready to send Kyrie off to first grade, and it's still just as hard. Hopefully by like 2nd grade we won't care as much. ;) They really do grow far too fast.

Emily said...

What a sweetie!

Marcy said...

Oh April, that post brought tears to my eyes. What Kyler said was SO cute! What a darling son you have with such a big personality! I share your pain with sending your oldest to school. I think we'll have to call each other that day in September and have a good cry...or we could share their birth stories and pretend they are still babies ;)

Love that last pic of Kyler. How funny/cute is that??? I may just have to steal that idea!

Melissa said...

i can't even believe he's that old... it's good that he's so excited and that he wasn't afraid of the shot. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww that's so sweet :) My kids liked school too! They were always excited to start! :) THey still are always excited to start even though they don't "go to school" anywhere but home ;)