Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I like being a mother... I like being a mother... I like being a mother....

I think that if I keep telling myself that then it must be true... hee hee. Some days (like today) I wonder, "what in the world was I thinking?" After waking up feeling sick to my stomach at 4 am, I woke up for the day not feeling super and that, of course, affects my mood very much. When you wake up feeling like you should just stay in bed all day it's not a good setup for the remainder of the day. So then it started.... Kyler got mad at me for going downstairs without him when he was taking 15 minutes to go potty. Then Kamaryn was whining about a graham cracker that I was so mean to not let her have right after breakfast. Then Ashton was climbing all over my clean towels so I moved him and by doing so, completely broke his heart. Then Kyler and Kamaryn were upstairs playing. They came down a little while later and miss Kamaryn was completely naked..... with poop on her butt. Lovely. So I cleaned her up and put her clothes on and then had to go dirty diaper hunting upstairs. Lucky for her, the diaper was neatly stuck to itself (she'd tried to fold it up) in the bathroom... whew! And she had dumped the big poop into the toilet... what a kid. Maybe almost three year-olds aren't all bad after all *wink*. So I had a few minutes of peace while they watched a cartoon. Then it comes time for lunch. The fridge opens and it's like an instant child magnet with powers stronger than a sucker at the doctor. I have to pry Ashton out of the fridge (he's now crying again) and put him in the high chair. Then I make sandwiches with pleas of "can I have a taste" coming from all sides. Now (finally) there is quiet. They are all eating and I have a few moments of peace. Sigh. Ahh. Relaxation. I know it will soon be over (this 11:20 am peace) to be replaced by, "oh but i don't want to take a nap" (which she won't anyway) and "i want to watch a movie" or "can I play a computer game".

I do love being a mother but today..... I can't wait until bedtime! :)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Hugs are all I can offer you because my days are no better! :)

Anonymous said...

"You'll have days like this, my mama said!" :)